Tang Soo Do – Orange Belt – 8th Gup to 7th Gup
As an 8th Gup Orange belt you will train for approximately 3 to 6 months, with acceptable attendance before testing for your next rank. The following information is provided to you as it will be required for testing for your 7th Gup Orange belt with one stripe.
Choong Dan (Middle) Soo Do (Knifehand) Mahk Kee (Block)
Sang Dan (High) Soo Do (Knifehand) Mahk Kee (Block)
Kwan Soo (Spearhand)
Cap Kwon (Backfist)
Yup Cha Gi (Stepping Side Kick)
Dull Ryo Yup Cha Gi (Turning Side Kick)
Dull Ryo Cha Gi (Round-House Kick)
E Dan Ahp Cha Gi (Jump Front Kick)
Hyung Sam Bu (Form 3)
Pyung Ahn Cho Dan (Form 4)
Il Soo Sik – Hand (One Steps)
5. Step back with left leg fighting stance. outside/inside block with right hand, step into horse stance right leg and soo do with right hand to neck.
6. Left leg step outside of punch in horse stance. right hand inside/outside block, left hand punch kidneys. right hand punch face. (Twist waist not feet: stay in horse stance.)
Il Soo Sik – Foot (One Steps)
5. Left leg jump to outside — right leg side kick to kidneys, come down in horse stance right hand soo do to neck.
6. Left leg jump to outside — right leg round house kick to stomach, come down in horse stance right hand soo do to neck. change stance to front stance. left hand punch to kidneys.
Ho Sin Sul – Self Defense
5. Grab the thumb area, walk through to open side, finish stepping through. and apply pressure to hand.
6. Two hand grab, come up and grab the thumb area, step out to the side. apply pressure to the wrist.
NOTE: All Ho Sin Sul techniques are to be done left side as well as right. To perform the left side, follow same directions–just use the opposite hand and foot.
Children and Women – Reverse Palm Strike
Men – Reverse Punch
Two minute sparring match with good control and technique.