Tang Soo Do – Red Belt with two stripes – 1st Gup to Pre-test
As a 1st Gup Red belt with two stripes you will train for approximately 3 to 6 months, with acceptable attendance before testing for your next rank. The following information is provided to you as it will be required for testing for your Red belt with three stripes which will be your Pre-test.
Bassai (Form 10)
Naihanji Cho Dan (Form 11)
Il Soo Sik – Hand and Foot (One Steps)
7. Step left, knife hand block with right hand, round kick middle, grab shoulder with left hand, hop and sweep front leg with left leg follow sweep with punch to the head with right hand.
8. Step left, knife hand block with right hand, round kick middle with right leg re-cock, sidekick knee with same leg, set leg down in front of opponents while striking the kidney with wrist of left hand, pivot back and punch middle with right hand, pivot back again and strike knee with double knife hand attacks. (Lead hand, palm down, trailing hand, palm up; follow through with hands in reverse position.)
9. Step forward with left leg, simultaneously perform an inside knife hand parry with left hand while striking the groin with a right hand ridge hand, ATTACKER punches again with opposite hand, outside block with right hand – knife hand/palm heel strike middle with left hand, step through with left leg – then do jump spinning inside outside kick with right leg.
Ho Sin Sul – Advanced Self Defense
1. Right hand punch down while right leg steps in, right hand back fist to face and then hammer fist to groin, pivot into front stance and ridge hand to neck with left hand.
2. Right hand grab their hand (up and down movement) at the same time as you step into front stance right leg, and do a neck hit with the left hand. grab shoulders and knee to chest left leg.
NOTE: All Advanced Ho Sin Sul is based on doing the technique on the right side. To do the technique on the left, follow the same directions just switch right side to left, and left side to right.
Children – Jump Spinning Back Kick
Adult – Jump Spinning Back Kick
Two minute sparring match with good control and technique.