Tang Soo Do – Red Belt with three stripes – Pre-Test to Cho Dan
As a Pre-Test Red belt with three stripes you will train for approximately 3 to 6 months, with acceptable attendance before testing for your next rank. The following information is provided to you as it will be required for your Cho Dan Exam.
Student should know the basic terminology for all movements learned to this point and be able to demonstrate each technique from the Korean language without English translation.
Student should know and be prepared to demonstrate all lower belt hyungs at the judges discretion during the exam.
Il Soo Sik – Hand and Foot (One Steps)
1. Step right, knife hand block with left hand, punch middle with right hand, punch high with left hand, left leg back, round kick high with right leg.
2. Step right, inside block with right hand, punch middle with left hand, punch high with right hand, left leg back, side kick middle/high with right leg.
3. Begin with right leg back in kicking stance, front kick middle with right leg, set leg in front, inside block with right hand, punch high with left hand, inside outside kick high with left leg.
4. Begin with right leg back in kicking stance, outside inside block with right leg, side kick middle with same hand and pull down towards you, same time knee strike middle with left leg, arm high then brought straight down applying elbow strike to the base of the neck with right arm.
5. Begin with right leg back in kicking stance, front kick middle with right leg, re-cock and set leg back in original position, spin back thrust kick middle with same leg, knife hand block with right hand, punch high with left hand, slide forward arm high and come down with palm heel strike to side of the head with right hand.
6. Begin with left leg back in kicking stance, front kick middle with left leg, set leg down next to right, round kick high with right leg, set leg down next to left, spin inside outside kick high with left leg, set leg in back, lung forward punch middle/high with left hand.
7. Step left, knife hand block with right hand, round kick middle, grab shoulder with left hand, hop and sweep front leg with left leg follow sweep with punch to the head with right hand.
8. Step left, knife hand block with right hand, round kick middle with right leg re-cock, sidekick knee with same leg, set leg down in front of opponents while striking the kidney with wrist of left hand, pivot back and punch middle with right hand, pivot back again and strike knee with double knife hand attacks. (Lead hand, palm down, trailing hand, palm up; follow through with hands in reverse position.)
9. Step forward with left leg, simultaneously perform an inside knife hand parry with left hand while striking the groin with a right hand ridge hand, ATTACKER punches again with opposite hand, outside block with right hand – knife hand/palm heel strike middle with left hand, step through with left leg – then do jump spinning inside outside kick with right leg.
Ho Sin Sul – Advanced Self Defense
1. Right leg step forward right hand elbow, right hand soo do to neck, left hand palm punch to face, shift to front stance at an angle, right hand spear attack to groin, while pivoting your front stance.
2. Right leg shift to side in front stance, left hand soo do to neck at the same time as right hand pulls out, right hand palm punch to face, while pivoting the front stance and left hand spear attach to groin.
3. Bring hand inside, and grab underneath, twist wrist to the side, step into horse stance right leg and elbow to face with right arm”
4. Grab the back of their hand. step all the way through to the open side, in fighting stance, manipulating elbow downward, and head but to face.
1. Right hand punch down while right leg steps in, right hand back fist to face and then hammer fist to groin, pivot into front stance and ridge hand to neck with left hand.
2. Right hand grab their hand (up and down movement) at the same time as you step into front stance right leg, and do a neck hit with the left hand. grab shoulders and knee to chest left leg.
3. Twist counter clockwise, grab the outside of their hand, while stepping back with the left leg into front stance, left leg front map kick and left hand elbow downward to spine.
4: Grab their hand and step all the way through to open side, punch with right hand to face, and left leg round house to stomach.
NOTE: All Advanced Ho Sin Sul is based on doing the technique on the right side. To do the technique on the left, follow the same directions just switch right side to left, and left side to right.
Children – Three Station Break
Adult – Three station Break
Two minute sparing match with good control and technique.